I'm teaching a class at my little store right now and I've put together a kit of 10 oils that I believe I (we) couldn't live without, that I'm sharing with interested folk who are on the brink of incorporating oils into their lives. I feel honored to be sharing information about what is working for our family. I feel blessed to have had the experiences I have over the years to reach a point where I'm comfortable sharing.
I wanted to share my "short list" in this space with each of you. Since each person in attendance is receiving an small kit of their own, I've left out a few of my favorites that didn't fit into the price range. Frankincense (my favorite oil of all time), the Deep Relief Roller, and Helichrysum are the extras. There are a hundred more I wish I could include, but if I have to pick favorites...
- Valor: (also available in a roller) courage, alignment of the body (physically & emotionally), nightmare remedy, overcome fear, calming, used for ADHD, relieves pain, aligns the spine (chiropractor in a bottle), balances energy within the body, protects
- Lemon: antiseptic, antiviral, antibacterial, great in drinking water, clean/disinfect with lemon, sticky stuff, removes oil and grease, warts, lemon is uplifting, great for skin (increase photo sensitivity), put in your dishwasher, use on butcher block, varicose veins
- Lavender: “go to oil”, bruises, burns, scrapes/cuts, bug bites, stimulates and relaxes, rash, helps with sleep, cramps, great for allergies, use on itchy skin (diluted), calming, candida, depression, stress, tension, wrinkles, scars, etc…
- Peace & Calming (tangerine, orange, ylang ylang, patchouli, blue tansy): calming, sleeping (rub on big toe), use for anxiety, diffuse for overactive kiddos
- Melrose (melaleuca, melaleuca quinquenervia, rosemary cineol, clove): antibacterial, antifungal, clean with this, earaches, rashes, insect bites, gums, scrapes, use for infections
- Purification (citronella, lemongrass, melaleuca, lavandin, myrtle): hydrogen peroxide replacement, bug repellent/bug bites, air deodorizer/bacteria killer (neutralize stale odors), use on blemishes to cleanse skin, smelly sneakers, use on pets for mites, etc. use in washing machine
- Peppermint: energizer, drink in water before exercise, allergies, decongestant, cools your body, great for digestion/vomiting, great for inflammation and pain, fever reducer, headaches (keep away from eyes), poison ivy, use when studying, ant/bug repellent, curb appetite, remove ticks
- Thieves (eucalyptus radiata, lemon, clove, cinnamon bark, rosemary): immune booster, antibacterial, antiviral, shortens length of illness, oral care, prevents against cold/flu, anti-fungal, great for sinusitis, great for sore throats and strep, strong antiseptic for infection, anti-plague (in England thieves), candida
- Oregano: antibacterial, antifungal, candida, strep throat, pneumonia, viral infection, warts, whooping cough, warming oil, great Thieves alternative, diffuse to kill airborne viruses and bacteria, staph/MRSA
- R.C. (eucalyptus (E. globulus), myrtle, pine, marjoram, eucalyptus radiate, eucalyptus citriodora, lavender, cypress, tsuga, peppermint) : Raven is better for viral infections, this is good for bacterial infections, allergies, colds, coughs, bronchitis, respiratory congestion, flu, cold sores, pneumonia, sinusitis, sore throat, mucus, improves oxygenation
I apologize for the lack of punctuation. I pulled these directly from my notes and this is what I gave each attendee. We will be holding classes throughout the year and we happen to have one more that is scheduled and not full. February 11th at 9:30am has some availability. I will try and remember to post on our oil Facebook page when more classes will be held. And I will most certainly schedule the events on our toy shop Facebook page if you'd like to follow there as well.
I have been meaning to get this list out for years, I finally had it all in one place, and punctuation or not, it was getting published on this blog. I will choose one of these oils, each month of this year, to dedicate an entire post to, starting in February. In order to make it through said list, I will double up a few months...this...will also force me to come here and share.
I will leave you with another precious photo of the sweet gems I share these oils with.